NAPCO Waterborne Products
Coatings are often given names based on the binder or resin from which they are made. Obviously, these are not the only materials that make up the coating. In addition to the binder, there are additives used to create certain performance properties, pigments for color, and of course, an element that allows each of these materials to dissolve for easy liquid application. That liquefying agent can be water or a chemical solvent. NAPCO uses the term “waterborne” over “water-based” but either term is correct.
In the past, primers and prep solutions in the refinishing industry have generally contained high amounts volatile organic compounds. Because of the environmental impact and safety concerns, much work has gone into the development of NAPCO’s waterborne refinishing solutions. NAPCO’s state-of-the-art waterborne solutions are environmentally friendly, less hazardous AND produce excellent results. The health and safety of our customers, and the homeowners that they serve, are paramount to NAPCO in the development of new and environmentally-friendly refinishing products.
NAPCO’s waterborne products prove that eco-friendly solutions can be just as effective and easy to use as solvent-based products. Our Flint-Stone™ coating is one of our most popular waterborne countertop refinishing options. NAPCO has also developed an entirely new line of waterborne kitchen refinishing products called Kitchen Renew. Explore all our waterborne products that can support your efforts to provide eco-friendly refinishing services.
BENEFITS OF WATERBORNE PRODUCTS:
• What smell? – While most waterborne products still have some odor, the overall odor level is much less than solvent-based coatings.
• Lower levels of volatile organic compounds – Water-based coatings have considerably less solvents and will therefore, lower the VOC output.
• Eco-friendly – NAPCO’s Kitchen Renew Satin Clear Countertop Coating received “Green Wise Certification” from CRGI. Products with the Green Wise label have been tested and certified by CRGI to meet or exceed environmentally determined performance standards established by CRGI’s ISO-accredited facility.
• Easier to clean – Whereas solventborne coatings need special cleaners for your equipment and for overspray, you can simply use soap and warm water to clean your equipment once finished using the waterborne coatings.
• Reusable and less waste! – Unlike a solventborne coating that uses catalyst, any unused 1K waterborne coatings can be put right back into the container.
For more Information on Kitchen Renew and its product benefits click here.
Our Kitchen Renew Countertop Coatings help your customers get the flawless finish they've been dreaming of at a fraction of the cost! This all-in-one waterborne system can also be used with our extremely popular Flint-Stone™, faux-granite countertop coating!
Kitchen Renew Gloss Clear Countertop Coating is a countertop coating that is perfect for customers looking for an extra high-finish. This coating may be applied directly to wet Flint-Stone and the countertop will be ready for use in only 2 hours.
Kitchen Renew Cabinet Coating work to smooth and beautify old cabinet doors and surfaces for a fresh new look! This waterborne coating is specifically formulated for use by an HVLP system to ensure a smooth, high-quality application. Any unused, clean material can be placed back in the container, so no waste!
Kitchen Renew Gloss Cabinet Coating is a gloss-finish cabinet coating that pairs well with the glossy countertop finish. Just like all of our coatings, this can be easily tinted and color-matched in most colors from pink to black.
NAPCO's Flint-Stone Coatings transform dated kitchen countertops and vanities with the look of stone. It's unique flecked properties mimic stone but without the cost of replacement. One of our most popular countertop coatings, Flint-Stone is 100% waterborne and available in a myriad of colors.
NAPCO’s Kitchen Renew Waterborne Primer is a sprayable waterborne primer that allows you to beautify and transform your cabinets and other interior wooden surfaces by applying a base color to provide adhesion and good hiding.