NAPCO’s PolyClean Tub & Tile Cleaner vs Piranha Prep
As a refinisher, we know that you want to have the best possible products to ensure the job gets done correctly. Knowing which product you need will help save you time and money while on the job. Since we released Piranha Prep last year, there have been some questions as to when to use Piranha Prep versus our long-standing PolyClean Tub & Tile Cleaner. After all, they’re both cleaners, right? Indeed they are, but there are considerable differences between the two. See below for our recommendations for when to use each.
- ⋅ Piranha Prep is an etch and cleaner combo formulated to complete the entire cleaning and etching process in just 10-15 minutes.
- ⋅ It is hydrofluoric acid-free (excluding harmful chemicals that are common in most other etch and clean products) and is formulated to be environmentally-friendly and safer to use.
- ⋅ Perfect for use on tile, ceramic, glass, metal or porcelain surfaces.
- ⋅ Specifically formulated to clean tough stains such as rust, soap scum and hard water stains on glossy surfaces.
- ⋅ Use Piranha Prep to clean AND etch any surface before refinishing.
PolyClean Tub & Tile Cleaner
- ⋅ PolyClean is a phosphoric acid-based detergent cleaning product.
- ⋅ It emulsifies dirt to remove mold, mineral deposits and the most stubborn soap scum.
- ⋅ Use PolyClean only if you’re cleaning a surface, but keep in mind that etching is still required if refinishing.
At NAPCO, we make products formulated with the refinishers in mind and are always looking for new ways to make your jobs safer, easier and more cost-efficient. Depending on your needs, we have the solution no matter what step of the refinishing process you are at. NAPCO is here as a resource for you both on and off the job, so feel free to give us a call at 1-800-888-1081 if you have questions about Piranha Prep, PolyClean, or any of our other products.